April 29, 2020
Subject: Important Announcement
SDSY has taken a number of actions to protect the health and well-being of our employees and customers and to control the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus) in accordance with the expert guidance of the CDC and local public health authorities. These efforts include:
• screening each employee entering the premise
• cleaning and disinfecting all areas throughout the day and at night by a professional cleaning crew
• mandating social distancing
• making hand sanitizer readily available
Effective May 1, 2020, we are evolving our policy on face coverings to mandate the wearing of face coverings at all times when six feet of separation from other people cannot be maintained. This new safety measure will encompass the following requirements:
• All personnel entering the SDSY premise are required to have a facial covering on their person at all times while on the SDSY property. Security will provide a facial covering to anyone entering the premises that does not have one.
• Facial coverings are required when you cannot maintain six feet of distance from another person inside the shops, vehicles or around the shipyard.
• Facial coverings are required at all times when working on Navy ships.
This new standard will be enforced by our Front Line Supervisors (FLS) our Security Department and everyone is encouraged to speak up when you observe someone out of compliance with the new requirement. We will continue to monitor this ever-changing situation and will keep you up-to-date on regulatory changes.
Once again, thank you for your continued commitment and support of our shipyard. The health and safety of our employees, customers and suppliers is our top priority and we are committed in making a safe working environment within the shipyard. We are appreciative for your cooperation and support while our community faces these unprecedented times.
Vice President / General Manager
HII San Diego Shipyard Inc.
April 29, 2020